Wednesday 27 April 2016

Inset and Splatter a Butterfly

Hiya
Just popping by to share a recent make....
wanted to share how to texture a background,
and leave a section unembossed.
We used to try this by using a thick shim to mask an area we didn't want to emboss.
Then I saw this tip....just die cut the area, and run the rest through the folder,
then simply replace the die cut shape, unembossed, stamped with a sentiment.


I used brush strokes and ink splats to decorate the area I wanted to cut the butterfly from.
Here's a few variations from my play mates...


and these.....
all mounted white on white


Happy Crafting
Lesley
xxx
xx
x


3 comments:

  1. Tis a GREAT idea! All those butterfly cards are just AWESOME! Tee hee! 3 more sleeps!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting - thank you for the tip! Looks like you were having fun and making some pretty butterflies in the process!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how these came out with those streaks across the butterflies. Isn't that life changing, learning this new trick about how to leave a blank space in your card when dry embossing?! I know it excited me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read your comments, and I will do my best to visit you too xxx


In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.